Monday, September 16, 2013

Journey with Roaccutane: The first month.

Hello loves! ❤ Today I want to share with you guys my journey with Roaccutane (Isotretinoin). I'm a late bloomer. I started getting really bad arse acne when I'm Form 4 while my siblings got it early between Standard 6-Form 1. Now that I think about it, I think maybe I got a severe acne back then 'cause there's a lot of acne on my face, my whole face. My face literally looked like the surface of the moon. Horrible. Then last year, I used a local skincare that has a peeling chemicals (?, idk) (whatever) and it cleared my acne and made my face really fair. But a few months after, my skin started getting really sensitive till I can't bear my own sweats. My sweats burnt the heck out of me so I stopped using the products. My acne came back again and I'm now prone to inflammation. 

A month before taking the pills, my skin condition has gotten really bad. I was so frustrated, I didn't know what to do and I was literally crying inside. You have no idea how sad it was to look at yourself in the mirror and saw this hideous monster standing right in front of you :'( At that time I was debating between trying Dermalogica or seeing a Dermatologist.  My mom told me to just see a dermatologist so that my acne can disappear for good. Since I was being impatient (the doctor said that lol), the doctor prescribed me the Roaccutane. She said its not a beauty pill. Many people use it to look pretty but its not a beauty pill. She told me not to share it with anyone though idk why. Anyway, you can learn all about Roaccutane here: 

Right now my skin is at its worst. My lips are so chapped and my skin is really dry. The driest its ever been! The doctor did mention that I will be experiencing some dryness all over ze face but I didn't know that its going to be THIS dry T^T Sakit you know. Your face will be so tight and flaky and when you remove all those flakes or dead skin cells, your face going to be red and pedih gila nak mati. And since my skin is super sensitive, it kind of made it worst. Right now I'm beyond frustrated, beyond devastated and all that crap, I'm just beyond it and I don't even know how to begin to tell you how I feel right now. But one thing for sure, its NOT happy! I feel like crying every single hour :'( No jk. But I have a friend who's currently on her 2nd course of Roaccutane, she said this side effects will only last for two months or so. After that or after I'm finished with my course, I'm going to have a beautiful skin; acne-free, insyaAllah :') I can't wait! Until then, I'm just going to stay at home keeping myself from the world (except going to class or eat). Ok I know all this babbling is boring to you. Lets get to the pictures! Yay! But BEWARE! You might be grossed out :x Click the pictures for closer look :) 
Hope you can still sleep tonight! Hehe stay tuned for the 2nd month! 

2 comments:

Kim said...

u must be suffering here. be strong ye

izzahhahiraf said...

Hi Kim! I was! But now its getting better and better! I will make an update soon ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...