Sunday, May 17, 2015

Life of Cikgu Suraya - Part 1

I was initially given Smk Rawang, Rawang when the list first went out. But thankfully (oops), the school rejected us. I requested for a school, any school really in Shah Alam as I live here so it would be much easier to commute and everything. Later, a friend decided to drop the subject so long story short, I got his spot at Smk TTDI Jaya, Shah Alam (Going to address it as 'TTDI') - a school that I once hated during my high school years (Smk Section 9, Shah Alam). WHY? It's a long story but I always heard stories about the school and idk, maybe some of us (Niners) if not many disliked the students from TTDI. They loved to fight, acted like a gangster and came across as 'rempit'. But of course, not all of them were like that. Masa Form 5 I had a boyfriend who went to TTDI and I made friends with a few people so cam okay lah, not bad. But when I heard that I got TTDI, I was like *krik krik*. No way, I thought. This is not happening. But little did I know that everything was about to change. 



From left: Azie, Thama, Me, Ika, Fieza, Dijah, Syima.

January 12th was the day I reported myself as a trainee teacher. They first week was an introductory week. All we did were relieved classes. I remembered entering 5 Beta a couple of times and I loved the class. The students were friendly, kind and respectful despite being naughty and loud LOL. I played Charade with them once and they were super loud (but they cooperated tho) HAHA and hello, how can you not know who Iggy Azalea or Ariana Grande is?!!! And also, the first week was when a girl got possessed by Idek and she tried to stab her friend using a compass. No, not the compass that gives directions but the math compass. 

We also did mural where we painted this one part,  just one wall of the school. All we had to do was repainted the whole thing. While we were painting, came a very helpful fella, Johan who later brought along his friends (Azlan, Hafiz, Nurin, Syahidallah - to name a few) and volunteered to help. So we let them paint. Then came Syahira Umaira and Anisha who also lent a helping hand. And that's how I met Syahira & Anisha for those who were wondering how I became close with them. We treated them to some Dominos as they kept their promises to help us paint till it's all done. Major grateful for the 3 Omega boys! 

4 Delta girls 

The 2nd week was when I started teaching. I was initially given 4 Epsilon and 4 Tetra. Later, I switched Tetra with Delta. Oh and I also taught Moral for the Form 3s! I had entered 4 Delta, an all-girls class before and we had introduced ourselves but never 4 Epsilon (mix-class). My first class with them was when I started teaching and my mentor came along with me. Memang goyang lah kan. Dah lah tak kenal bebudak and kena terus mengajar sebab mentor ada sekali. Awkward dia taktau nak describe lagu mana. I taught them about 'hobby' and I remembered one of them from the back said 'asal belajar pasal hobby' and they had that 'bosan ah'-face hm hancur hati masa tu. Terus tak berapa suka Epsilon :p Ceh tak ada lah. At first I felt like I wasn't welcomed. Rasa jauh whenever I entered the class. Plus, they weren't interactive sangat so I focused more on Delta. They were uber friendly and lovable. We instantly clicked during our first (teaching) class. 

Then came along the MSU trainees, Syima and Fieza. Grateful to have met them 'cause they made the whole teaching experiences a lot better. I remembered helping them when they first came in and Syima was like 'You ni baik eh'. You nak I jadi jahat ke camne :p Even though baru kenal, cepat je kita rapat. Sampai ada masa berkepit je bertiga till the students thought I was one of you girls HAHA rindu jap. 



"Siapa Cikgu Suraya?", "Apa Cikgu Suraya tu?", "Kenapa Cikgu Suraya?", "Mana dapat nama tu?", "Apa cerita dia?" and so on were few of the questions I reached throughout practicum. But the question remains...

Who is Cikgu Suraya?

Well, here is a little back story if I may. May I? I think I may. Speaking of 'may', my birthday is tomorrow, May 18th! Weeee. Anyway, I think it was during Form 1 or 2 that a friend of mine posted the 'Cikgu Suraya' story on his Bulletin or something taktau ah tapi on Myspace. Masa tu memang selalu dengar the boys from my class talked about Cikgu Suraya so stupid Izzah, I printed out the whole cerpen. Terus kena cop lucah 'cause I printed it out and shared it with a lot of people HAHAHAHA buduh.

So who is Cikgu Suraya again? Ok, she's a teacher kat this one school. And one day, a student named Amir (funny how my boyf's name is Amir too... And I'm Cikgu Suraya... *kening kening ehem*) lalu kawasan rumah Cikgu Suraya then tayar basikal dia pancit and tengah hujan. So dia tumpang rumah Cikgu Suraya while waiting for the rain to stop. Then Cikgu Suraya gi mandi, dia intai and long story short, they did it. She said something about her husband not giving her enough so she had an affair with the student. Skipping to the end (Alaaa), Cikgu Suraya moved away leaving Amir behind. And at that time, she was pregnant. He asked about the baby and she just smiled so tau tau lah anak siapa. Begitu lah cerita Cikgu Suraya yang iconic tu. 

Since I was going to be a teacher, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to steal the name I mean, why wouldn't I? Kuikui. It's like, now or never LOL. At first when zero student was following me on Instagram, it was an inside joke between me and my friends so every picture related to school I will put "#CikguSuraya" and they will get the joke. But once my students found my Instagram, it wasn't a joke anymore but more of a character, an identifier. And there was like this one time I walked passed the Form 5 floor, and I heard students shouting 'Cikgu Suraya' which I thought was really funny. Even the isolated class, 4 Sigma (just had to mention; we called it that 'cause we were never given any relief class for 4 Sigma until our last days) knew about the name. Speaking about that, I think I never entered 4 Gamma, Zeta & Lambda as well. 




Life of Cikgu Suraya continues to Part 2... Stay tuned!
#Suraya4lyfe


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...