Sunday, May 31, 2015

Food review: Wanderlust, Solaris

Hello loves! ❤ A few weeks ago I was invited to my first ever food review event @ Wanderlust, Solaris Mont Kiara. And I gotta give it to the foodie bloggers out there, you guys are awesome! How did you manage to become foodie blogger until now? I mean, I can't even finish eating editing the pictures without drooling all over my computer. And my stomach kept making noises like some sort of rave was held down there. 

'Strong desire to travel' is what the beautiful word, Wanderlust means. The idea is to take their customers on a journey across 
the world through mixture of tastes from different parts of the world combined into their exquisite dishes. 

We were served drinks first. I ordered Iced Lemon and Lime Tea (RM 8) which is a 
pretty boring drink to order oops should've tried something right like these:


Lower the Beet | RM 15

Cafe Latte, Flat White | RM 13

We were served three [3] appetizers first followed by three [3] main courses and ending it up with one [1] dessert. *WARNING* I highly suggest you stop reading and eat a bit then come back. If you're reading this at night around 12 a.m. plus, go to sleep! Hahaha. Cause even I had to pause and continue writing this post XD

APPETIZERS

Chicken Chicharron | RM 15
'Deep fried chicken skin served with Spiracha Aioli. Crispy, crunchy and not oily, good match with their homemade sauce'

My thoughts: It's my first time eating a chicken skin like this. It's crunchy but a bit bland on its own. I find it really tasty when dip with the sauce. 

Flamming Wings | RM 22

My thoughts: It's delicious! It's spicy but when eat together with the Watermelon, it's like the perfect mix! The Watermelon makes it sweet and yet spicy because of the spiciness of the chicken haha idk lah sedap gila! 

Deep Fried Beets | RM 15
"Deep fried beetroots served with Japanese mayo. A healthy snack, less fattening compare with potato wedges"

My thoughts: Honestly, I never thought it would taste so good. At first I was hesitating whether I want to taste it or not but I'm glad I did! It's tasty both on its own and with the mayo! 

MAIN COURSE

Wanderlust Benedict | RM 25
*Day menu*
"Bored with the common Egg Benedict? Try Wanderlust Benedict! Sauteed mushrooms, baby spinach and turkey bacon bits topped with 
deep fried poached free-range egg, bedded on crispy paratha and served with curry Hollandaise sauce. A Western and Indian tweet"

My thoughts: The most interesting meal I ate that day! They truly did take you around the world with this. It's a mixture of a lot of things. Western, eastern, etc. And it's really interesting that they use Paratha! The whole combination is out of this world. Everything about it is delicious except the mushroom cause I don't eat them, personally lol. But the Paratha is really creamy and buttery. 

Crispy Salmon Steak | RM 32
*Night menu*
"Grilled salmon with homemade strawberry basil ysalsa. Replacing the tomato salsa with strawberry, taste of sour with tad of 
sweetness to balance the fishy taste of medium cooked salmon fillet. Do inform the crew if you would like your salmon to be well done"

My thoughts: Love how they add in the strawberries. The fish is soft and boleh lah but when eat together with the strawberries it adds a hint of sourness to the sweetness of the salmon. 

Tiger Prawn | RM 30
*Night menu*

My thoughts: It tasted like carbonara. If you're in to that than you will like it! It's tasty but a little bit too creamy to my liking. Boleh muak kalau makan banyak sangat. But overall it's really something else with the prawn. Sedap!

DESSERT

Sago | RM 18
"Sago with hazelnut brittle, ristretto and hot cream. The hazelnut brittle melt as 
the hot cream been poured into the glass. Not overly sweet, a nice try"

My thoughts: It tasted like coffee but really crunchy and sweet. Delicious! I love how we have to mix the two together to get the perfect taste. It's a really lovely placement.


At Wanderlust, presentation and creating the best meal with the best taste is everything. The whole place is simple yet cozy and 
comfortable. And if you're a hipster instagrammer, you would love this place + the dishes they offer. A++ to Wanderlust! 

Wanderlust
10 Jalan Solaris 4, Solaris Mont Kiara, Kuala Lumpur 
+03-6211 9688

More info: https://www.foodink.com.my/listing/wanderlust/


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...