Thursday, June 11, 2015

Review: Rimmel London Apocalips Lip Lacquer in 303 Apocaliptic

Hello loves! ❤ I know I said I didn't have any sort of order for this Australian Makeup Reviews but I thought about it, and I think I'm going to finish reviewing all of the lip products first before moving on to the rest. Except the Colourpop Lippiestix though. That would be the last thing, kira the ending of my Aussie Reviews 'cause I will be mixing them with my entire Lippiestix collection so stay tuned! 


"It's the End of Colour as you know it!
The intense rich colour of a lipstick, enhanced by a satin smooth shine. It's neither a lipstick nor a gloss... It's BIGGER than both!"

"Combining the intense colour of lipstick with a lacquer like shine, Apocalips Lip Lacquer is the explosive new make-up phenomenon hitting our shores. Packed with pure colour pigments, its lusciously creamy, conditioning formula promises a never-before combination of colour, shine and comfort that lasts and lasts"

Comes, in 13 shades, this lip lacquer is said to be better than both lipstick and lipgloss. Normally when I read the word 'lacquer', I imagine things like Liquid lipstick or Soft Matte or maybe a combination of the two except this one has a smooth, shine satin finish. I only got 1 shade (303 Apocaliptic) as the rest of the shades that were available at Priceline were not appealing to me at all. It was either nude or dark red or plum.. No. I actually bought two, one at a different store but it is wrapped so I don't want to mess it up :p

The design is nothing special, black tube fading to the actual colour of the lip lacquer. Blabla. But what got me interested is the lid. The top lid. It has this unique shiny prism (maybe?) kind of design that makes it classy. Plus, it's black! Classy already. hehe. At first I thought it was matte but shiny is find too. Though they have the matte ones though. Here

The second thing is the applicator! First, it's a doe-foot applicator. Always nice to have them. Second, the 'pocket-like' or 'tunnel-like' shape at the bottom of the applicator that allows product to sink in so you don't have to dip the applicator a few times in the tube. Once or twice would do it. Save time some more, right? 


Likes: Love that it's pigmented and opaque. You will get almost maximum colour with one layer. The applicator makes it easy for me to apply + I don't need any lip liner with it. It makes my lips juicy hehe. It has a shiny satin finish but becomes matte after a while but it doesn't make my lips dry. 

Dislikes: It doesn't stay long as I would hoped. Didn't live to its claim. It lasts for about 3 hours max on me. Less if I'm eating or drinking. It has a scent but bearable I guess. But still, not a fan.

Price: AUD $15.95 @ http://au.rimmellondon.com

Where to get it in Malaysia? Here are a few of my personal insta-seller favourites
@a.m.a.z.inc
@cakefaceconfession_
@shopmystash
@red.vanity


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...