Monday, June 30, 2014

Event: Kiehl's x Butterfly Project Fun In The Sun

Hello loves! ❤ Earlier this month I was invited to the Kiehl's x Butterfly Project Fun In The Sun event at Secret Garden, One Utama. I was a bit lost when trynna find my way to the Secret Garden. The lift won't let me push the top button. Went in and out the lift and finally, it let me pushed the darn button lol and guess what? I was not the only one getting tricked by the lift HAHA naught lift! Now let me tell you a little bit about Kiehl's! 

Kiehl's was founded as an old-world apothecary in New York's East Village neighborhood 160 years ago. That's 1851! Even our parents weren't yet at that time. Kiehl's skincare is scientifically formulated to respect, restore and strengthen the skin barrier for healthier, more radiant, younger-looking skin. Their targeted treatments are powerful, yet safe preparations which act to correct and treat our specific skin needs and concerns. 

Because the Secret Garden only opens at 10 a.m., we have to wait a few minutes for the organizers to set up their things which was understandable and while waiting, we had the honour to sign Mr. Tengkorak! That's my sign on his jaw muah muah. 

The scenery up there was beyond words. It was so beautiful and breathe-taking. If you're around OU, you should definitely swing by and visit Secret Garden. Such a beautiful sight you know. So many lovely things to look at. The hanging lantern was my favourite though so pretty! 

Then we were introduced to the all new fresh formula of Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free Gel Cream. The star product of the event. Its made for oily skin to fight shine and oil control. Made in a new, refreshing, non-sticky formula that's lightweight and fragrance-free (perfect for my sensitive skin!). The gel cream moisturizer contains an efficacious blend of ingredients to keep skin moisturized for 24 hours. How about that! 

The other agenda of the day was to make a desert plant because that's one of the ingredient of the moisturizer. While waiting for our turn, we were served a very delicious food. I can still remember how some of the food tasted like. Yummy! I was so full after that HAHA. Oh, and we were only served a blue drink to fit the theme hehe so cute!

After that its time to make our very own desert plan or Imperata Cylindrica. Its one of the ingredient of the moisturizer like I mentioned before. The Imperata Cylindrica plant thrives in dry, excessively saline environments and is native to many of Earth’s deserts, but is especially prolific in the Australian Outback. It's roots contain high concentrations of potassium which provides an immediate and lasting hydrating effect. It helps skin to store and retain moisture efficiently even in the driest weather conditions. Its believed that indigenous Australians of centuries past used the desert plant as a substitute for salt, due to its high saline content.

Antarcticine (Glacial Glycoprotein Extract) is also one of the three main ingredients of the moisturizer. With superb protection against dryness, Antarcticine helps hydrate skin and provides it with a noticeably smoother appearance while shielding skin from the damaging effects of free-radicals. It further helps to protect skin from extremely cold temperatures, facilitating skin’s retention of natural water reserves. The last one is Vitamin E or Tocopherol. Vitamin E is a lipid soluble naturally found in plant leaves, cereal germ oils, and milk. It is known for its antioxidant and moisturizing properties. And as you know, Vitamin E also helps in reducing scars and many other benefits! 


There was also a shine test to measure your shine-ness. My skin is normally oily combination. Dry on my cheeks and oily on T-zone. But a week before the event, I went to Kiehl's and asked for a sample and used a week before the event and guess what? I'm no longer oily when they did the test! My T-zone is now normal! 


And we didn't go home empty handed! Kiehl's was generous enough to give us each a full skincare set as soon above. So nice of them! So does my skin continues to be normal or does it goes back to being oily? Well, stay tuned for my review of the skincare set, coming up next! 

Then its pictures time! Thank you Butterfly Project for the pictures! 

I had such a great time at the events and I made new friends too! Always a time 
well spent when spending time with my beloved Butterflies or better yet, families ❤ :) 

My review on the skincare set is up! Click (here)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...